Published Work in Philosophy
- ‘Is the Sacred Older than the Gods?’, A Symposium on Ronald Hepburn and his Legacy, Research Institute of Irish and Scottish Studies, University of Aberdeen, 18th–19th May, 2018 [programme].
- ‘Can We Say the Unsayable?: Ineffability and Philosophy of Religion’, Royal Institute of Philosophy Invited Lecture, Keele University, 1st November, 2016 [abstract].
- ‘Ineffability and Contemporary Philosophy of Religion’, New Work on Ineffability, The Van Leer Jerusalem Institute, Israel, 19th May, 2016 [abstract].
- ‘Review: Nothingness and the Meaning of Life: Philosophical Approaches to Ultimate Meaning Through Nothing and Reflexivity, by Nicholas Waghorn’, Journal of Moral Philosophy, 15.2 (2018): 221–224 [read online].
- ‘Review: Ineffability: An Exercise in Comparative Philosophy of Religion, ed. T. D. Knepper & L. E. Kalmanson’, Expository Times, 129.6 (2018): 273 [read online].
- ‘Ineffability: Reply to Professors Metz and Cooper’, Philosophia, 44.4 (2016): 1267–1287 [read online].
- ‘New Work on Ineffability’, review essay of Ineffability and Its Metaphysics: The Unspeakable in Art, Religion, and Philosophy, by Silvia Jonas, Expository Times, 128.1 (2016): 30–32 [read online].
- ‘Editorial: “Controversial but Never Ignored”—John Hick and Vito Mancuso’, Expository Times, 128.1 (2016): 1–3 [read online].
- ‘Paul Tillich and Divine Ineffability’, in Mireille Hébert & Anne Marie Reijnen (éd.), Paul Tillich et Karl Barth: Antagonismes et accords théologiques (Zürich: LIT Verlag, 2016), 79–92.
- ‘Review: Philosophy in a Meaningless Life: A System of Nihilism, Consciousness, and Reality, by James Tartaglia’, Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews (2016.04.05) [read online].
- ‘Pragmatism Applied’, review essay of Believing and Acting: The Pragmatic Turn in Comparative Religion and Ethics, by G. Scott Davis, Expository Times, 126.7 (2015): 334–335 [read online].
- ‘The Imagination in the Travel Literature of Xavier de Maistre and its Philosophical Significance’, in Garth Lean, Russell Staiff and Emma Warterton (eds.), Travel and Imagination (Oxford: Routledge, 2014), 75–88.
- ‘Natural Theology and Literature’, in Russell Re Manning (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Natural Theology (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013), 551–565.
- ‘A Pragmatist Conception of Certainty: Wittgenstein and Santayana’, in Christiane Chauviré and Sabine Plaud (eds.), ‘Wittgenstein and Pragmatism: a Reassessment’, special issue, European Journal of Pragmatism and American Philosophy, IV.2 (2012): 146–157 [read online].
- ‘Christmas Mythologies: Sacred and Secular’ in Scott C. Lowe (ed.), Christmas—Philosophy for Everyone (Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010), 59–69.